*.·:·.♡ studyton ♡.·:·.*
← go back
welcome to studyton, where i keep track of my language learning journey! there are quite a few languages i'm interested in learning, and you can find my thoughts and progress with them here in studyton. here's each language i'm interested in, and my current goals:
- toki pona: i want to use it more often! i used to be fluent, and used it daily, but now, my ability has really dropped off. i want to start a diary or some sort of writing project to start to regain my fluency.
- german: i'm studying it in school, but i also work on it alone. right now, i'm struggling with vocab, so i've started to work on memorizing a set of common verbs, as a start. i also occasionally play noun town, an oculus game for immersive learning.
- white hmong: i'm studying independently. i have a few textbooks/phrasebooks that i study from, and i also read children's books from the local library. here's my process:
- i read the story (with a dictionary by my side), to practice reading comprehension
- i write a summary of the story, to practice producing my own writing
- i make flashcards of all the new words i learned, to expand my vocabulary
- i record myself reading the story aloud a few times, to practice pronunciation
- hawaiian and icelandic: these are both languages that i'm interested in learning, but haven't yet really begun. i find them both really beautiful, and look forward to when i have enough time to start on them!